graveman-general

[Graveman-general] Graveman: can't find media

From: Ozar O
Subject: [Graveman-general] Graveman: can't find media
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:27:39 +0100

Hey guys, sorry to bother everyone with this but I've tried the ArchLinux
forums, and no solutions were provided there.
Graveman is suddenly no longer able to find any media when it's my DVD or CD-RW
drive.

It worked fine through several different releases for quite some time, but now
all I get when I try to do burn anything is this message:

"Please insert an empty or appendable CDR/RW in drive PLEXTOR CD-R PREMIUM
Removable CD-ROM to continue...

Currently: no media"

Here's what I've done to resolve the issue on my own:

* I'm running Graveman version 0.3.12-4 from the Archlinux "extra" repo.
* I've tried running Graveman through xterm to watch for errors, but saw none.
* Didn't find any bug reports filed at Arch or Graveman on this particular
problem.
* Have tried removing the config file and letting it rebuild, but no help.
* Both, the DVD and CD-RW drives are being detected properly at first start by
Graveman's configuration script.
* Have removed and reinstalled Graveman and all dependencies, but no help.
* I installed Gnomebaker (for testing only) and it works fine with the same
media - no errors received.
* Tried a couple different media types (including some Taiyo Yuden), but no
help.
* Command line burns do work without any problems.
* Note that I went with udev a month or so back, but don't see any problems
there.
* Will post graveman config file if anyone wants to see it, but it appears to
be okay.

/etc/fstab:

none                   /dev/pts      devpts    defaults                0      0
none                   /dev/shm      tmpfs     defaults                0      0

/dev/hdc               /mnt/dvd      iso9660   ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0
/dev/hdd               /mnt/cd       iso9660   ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0
/dev/sda1              /mnt/flash    vfat      user,noauto,noatime     0      0
/dev/fd0               /mnt/fl       vfat      user,noauto             0      0

/dev/hda7              swap          swap      defaults                0      0
/dev/hda6              /             ext3      defaults                0      1
/dev/hda8              /home         ext3      defaults                0      1

I don't want Gnomebaker, so will revert soley to command line if I must, but
really would like to use Graveman again.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

ozar