grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Getting token regular expressions

From: Oliver Gramberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Getting token regular expressions
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:12:05 +0200

Hi Oliver,

as far as I know, there is no grouping extraction in Grammatica.

Class Tokenizer has TokenPattern GetPattern(int id), and TokenPattern has string GetPattern() (or the property string Pattern for .NET) - would this help?

You could also
- define a production, with a token for each part of your RE,
- hack the tokenizer to disable white space upon recognition of the first token,
- enable white space when done.
I use that hack, but for a different purpose. If needed, I can provide a patch.

It would be nice if Grammatica had a "fragment" feature like one or two other parser generators. I think this is on the feature proposition list.

Regards
Oliver

Oliver Gramberg
ABB AG
Forschungszentrum Deutschland
DECRC/I2
Wallstadter Str. 59
D-68526 Ladenburg

Phone: +49 6203/71-6461
Fax: +49 6203/71-6253
E-mail:
address@hidden

Sitz/Head Office: Mannheim
Registergericht/Registry Court: Mannheim
Handelsregisternummer/Commercial Register No.: HRB 4664

Vorstand/Managing Board: Peter Smits (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Heinz-Peter Paffenholz, Dr. Joachim Schneider, Hendrik Weiler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of Supervisory Board: Bernhard Jucker

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Oliver Bock <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

15.09.2009 08:51

Please respond to
address@hidden

address@hidden
cc
Subject
[Grammatica-users] Getting token regular expressions

I have a token like this:

FFORMAT = <<F(\d+)\.(\d+)>>

In my analyzer I would like to refer to the groups without needing to
copy-and-paste the text of the regular _expression_, because the
_expression_ might change.  I cannot see a way to get the _expression_ back
from my Tokenizer class.  Is it possible?

 Oliver

P.S. Grammatica rocks: so simple, so un-yacc.