gpsd-users

Re: CSRS-PPP error

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: CSRS-PPP error
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 13:24:21 -0700

Yo Hans!

On Mon, 1 May 2023 20:46:07 +0200
Hans Mayer <gpsd@ma.yer.at> wrote:

> > Sorry, I have no file from you.  Can you resend?
>
> Yes, of course. Attached a file today.obs.zip
>
> As mentioned with this file I followed the instructions in
> https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/ppp-howto.html

That file, from gpsrinex is in RINEX 3.05 format.

> This is the other file with the steps described above:
> result20230425_2_2_11.23o.zip

That file is in the older RINEX 2.11 format, does not include the
Doppler measurements, and uses the older names fo r C1C, L1C, C2C and
L2C.  RTKLIB has not been updated in a long time.

I can't really compare them as they are observations from two different
times.

The gpsrinex:

> 2023 04 11 11 18 00.0010000  0 13

And the RTKLIB:

 23  4 25  8 13  8.0040000  0 31G12E12G11G06E03S36R10R02R22R12R01G22

The RTKLIB is from 14 days later, so I can't comparte the outputs, even
if I could untanlge the 2.11 versus 3.05 differences.

Also the gpsrinex has L2 data, but the RTKLIB does not.  Most PPP services
will not work without the L2 data.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588