gpsd-users

1024 Week Rollover issue with MT-3333 based GPS Receiver

From: Singh, Daljeet
Subject: 1024 Week Rollover issue with MT-3333 based GPS Receiver
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 18:40:44 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

We are  using gpsd version 3.15 with MT-3333 chip and we are starting to see 1024 week rollover issue on our units (Not all units are producing bad date yet). We decided to try the latest gpsd version and somehow it is able to deal with the rollover which is a good news. I was looking through the sources and could not figure out how this might be getting done. Want to make sure that this is not just a fluke.

I have confirmed that the GPS receiver is returning 2003 date yet the 3.23 version can fix the rollover automatically. Will appreciate a pointer because my alternative is to update F/W on the GPS receiver chips.

BR,

Daljeet Singh

408-605-7460