gpsd-users

Re: Ublox and GPSD 3.22

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Ublox and GPSD 3.22
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:47:30 -0700

Yo Jeff!

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 19:37:36 -0400
Jeff Curtis <jeffreyscurtis@me.com> wrote:

> The last long is there it’s not updating.

Sure looks changing to me.

? It’s always the same while
> the ecef positions change slightly.

ecef also looks good.

> Depending on when I get the 3D
> fix it may constantly report all 0 while the ecef values are correct.

I keep telling you to check that data is set before using it,  As
shown in the examples.  The zeros you see are unset data.

> I only use the -p to ensure the values are updating and not fixed at
> some point in time.

You keep changing your story, or are you really sometimes using -p and
sometimes not?  You realize that the data you get for with and without
will be very different?  Either configure the device your self, and
always use -p, or never use -p and let gpsd configure it for you.

Pick one.  Stick to it.

> Ilwhen in pure bema mode the last long altitude
> will slightly change position

Yeah, it will never, ever, be stable.

> I did follow the document to build but I must have missed a step,
> it’s failing with a python not 2.7 or greater needed.

Telling us what you think you saw is of little help.  Show us what
you saw.  If you knew what you were looking at, you would not have these
problems.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588