gpsd-users

Re: Android app to set location based on GPSd?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Android app to set location based on GPSd?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 18:08:16 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

> Yo Serge!
>
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 14:41:16 +0000
> "Serge" <gpsd@random.re> wrote:
>
>> are you aware of any app which can read location from GPSd server and
>> set it on Android as "mock location"?

I am not, but I am wondering how to have a program on android that:
  does NTRIP to some caster and gets RTCM3
  writes that over bluetooth SPP
  reads NMEA over the same bluetooth SPP
  sends positions to mocking

Within termux there might be some ability to talk to SPP, and termux has
various android API plugins.  I don't really understand all of this yet.

> Not me, maybe someone does.  Frst you would need to get gpsd to build
> for Android again.

Not if gpsd runs on some other device.
But I already have gcc on my phone in termux, so I could try to just
build it.