gpsd-users

✘PX1172RH_DS performance

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: ✘PX1172RH_DS performance
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 13:58:35 -0700

Yo All!

Some interesting plots from the Skytraq PX1172RH_DS GNSS "Compass".

The part includes 2 RTK GNSS and you connect two GNSS antennas to it.
You take RTCM3 from a "fixed base" and feed it to this parts "moving
base".  Then the part computes distance and angels to its built in
"rover".

See attached plot.

Actual 2D error:

    CEP(50) = 0.007 m
    CEP(95) = 0.012 m
    CEP(99) = 0.014 m

Actual Alt error:

    EP(50) = 0.007 m
    EP(95) = 0.022 m
    EP(99) = 0.030 m

But this perforrmance is not easy to get.  Not just any antennas are
good enough.  I had to sort for my 2 best L1/L2 antennas.  Even then a
good skyview was not sufficient.  I only acheived RTKFIX by putting the
antennas on top of my roof.

If that works for you, this is an excellent part.

Figuring out how to test the "compass" part will take some work.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588