gpsd-users

Re: Getting PDOP, VDOP and HDOP in C

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Getting PDOP, VDOP and HDOP in C
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:09:07 -0700

Yo David!

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:52:51 +0100
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Estimated position error sounds good, so I'll check the wording.  I'm
> afraid for this exercise it's not really justified to go into great
> depths.  What is of passing interest is how well the HDOP and EPEH
> (etc.) correlate.

No need to graph that.  You can compute it from the ephmemeris as
u-blox does.  OTOH, what that means in real life is something else
again.

Maybe, since you know your actual position, compute actual eph error.
And also plot the URA.

For real fun, move up to a u-blox 9-and plot elliptical error, that
is way cool.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588