gpsd-users

Re: Building GPDS for Yocto Dunfell embedded system?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Building GPDS for Yocto Dunfell embedded system?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 11:47:16 -0700

Yo Mike!

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 17:42:11 +0000
Mike Tubby <mike@tubby.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have experience of GPSD on Yocto embedded systems?

If you look in the email archivex of this list, you'll see a discussion
of this, last year.  In the end it did work.

> We are trying to build GPSD 3.23 for a Yocto Dunfell system that
> previously had GPSD 3.19 as part of its system.

Should be not too bad.

> We can get gpsd is compiled okay, but is not part of the generated
> filesystem.

Ah, the file layout changed, so the places where the yocto system
thinks they know better than we do about file placement needs to
be changed.  Basically: built files are no longer built in the
source tree, but in buildtmp/

> In bitbake (used by Yocto) there are many stages of building a
> package.
>
> http://www.embeddedlinux.org.cn/OEManual/usage_workwithsinglerecipe.html

More than I want to know....

> *ERROR: Task do_stage does not exist for target gpsd

I have no idea what that means.  Clearly Yocto specific.

> Anyone got any hints or clues?

Check the archives.

RGDS
GARY