gpsd-users

Re: Strangeness with speed

From: Владимир Калачихин
Subject: Re: Strangeness with speed
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 17:20:37 +0300

17.02.2022 14:14, Florian Kiera пишет:
Besides, its interesting that gpsd is calculating any speed at all with the "sentences.nmea" file you gave us, as multiple NMEA sentences are from the exact same time.

I think that gpsd never calculates the speed and ignores any time.

I simply downloaded the "sentences.nmea" file and used "cat sentences.nmea | gpsdecode > test.txt". May I have used it wrong. Wrong and wrong might resulted in even more wrong? Might be my bad.

The JSON ok, isn't it?

By the way as Gary already mentioned the file you gave us is different to the file you used to produce your outputs... you may want to send your original file or else nobody can help you with the problem you have with your original file.

I don't have any problem with the original file. I just want to change the time to current.

But may be everything previously said are empty words.

In attachment - two NMEA files and two JSON outputs.
The JSON is obtained from NMEA by
cat sentences1.nmea | gpsdecode > senteces1.gpsd

File senteces1.gpsd has speed == 0, file senteces2.gpsd - not.
I don't see any differences between sentences1.nmea and sentences2.nmea, except time. Both were created from one real NMEA, but sentences1.nmea with changed time.

If this is about time - what's wrong with times in senteces1.gpsd?

Владимир Калачихин