gpsd-users

Re: Arch GPSD PPS Issues

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Arch GPSD PPS Issues
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 13:57:30 -0800

Yo Jayray!

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 16:46:10 -0500
Jayray <jayray@digitalgoat.com> wrote:

> Gary, thanks for the help. Sorry for the short logs.

On this list, too much is better than too little.

> I was stracing
> with ppstest. Regular output below.
> ppstest /dev/pps0
> trying PPS source "/dev/pps0"
> found PPS source "/dev/pps0"
> ok, found 1 source(s), now start fetching data...
> time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)
> time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)

Which looks like broken /dev/pps0, again.  You have no other /dev/pps* ?

> -GPSD with more debugs
> gpsd:INFO: launching (Version 3.23.2~dev, revision

We know /dev/pps0 is broken.  No tests of gpsd needed.  If ppstest can't
use it, the gpsd can not use it either.  THis just confirms that.

Come back to gpsd when ppstest works.

> gpsd:INFO: KPPS:/dev/ttyS1 kernel PPS timeout Connection timed

Yup, no KPPS.

As we discussed on IRC, you have some LSM enabled.  I suspect your
problem lies with one of them.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588