gpsd-users

Re: ublox zed-f9p - need to power cycle?

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: ublox zed-f9p - need to power cycle?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 11:45:50 +0000

On 22/11/2021 08:51, Andreas B wrote:
Hi all,

By the end of October I noticed that the number of used satellites dropped down.
This trend of low number of used sats continued until last week (~19.
Nov), when I power cycled my raspi.

After this reboot the number of sats used was back at the
'normal/pre-late-October' (i.e. good) level.
See plots. There is a distinct drop towards the end of october, and
this trend continues until the reboot last week.

What would be the cause of this?
Outdated almanac?
Is it wise to do a power cycle every now and then, or is it necessary?

Best regards,
Andreas

Andreas,

I've had a ZED-F9P running since mid-September connected to U-blox U-Center
21.05 and the number of satellites seems the same as ever.  The fact that your
"seen"plot seems steady suggests to me that the Almanac is OK.

What version of GPSD are you using?  Any other indications on the RPi - memory
used, CPU used?  disk free?

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu