gpsd-users

Re: Debian 11 (Bullseye) Build Instructions

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: Debian 11 (Bullseye) Build Instructions
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 10:24:48 -0600

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 16:15:08 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

> Yo Charles!
>
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 11:14:26 -0600
> Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
>
> > See attached diff.
>
> Looks almost there.
>
> +# cd /usr/bin
> +# rm python
> +# ln -s python3 python
>
> +Otherwise cd to /usr/bin and make the symlink as above.
>
> gpsd does not need /usr/bin/python anymore.

Ah, OK, done. I understand that Python requires it, but (as they say in
show biz) not my union.

> +# scons --config=force && scons install
>
> I would suggest a clean first: scons -c.  No need to --config-force
> after a clean.

OK, done. I just copied that in from the Buster instructions, so maybe
change that as well?

Is there any documentation as to what scons targets are available and
what they do?

> And a check before an install.
>
> Like this:
>
> # scons -c && scons && scons check && scons install

Done.

Latest diff is attached.

I didn't do anything about integration into udev & systemd because that
has problems; I'll detail those separately.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/