gpsd-users

Re: Getting NMEA data out from gpsd for use in u-center

From: Michael Byczkowski
Subject: Re: Getting NMEA data out from gpsd for use in u-center
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 17:53:15 +0200

That’s strange, indeed. – I just installed ser2net from git, expanded ser2net.yaml with

connection: &con00
    accepter: tcp,6000
    enable: on
    connector: serialdev,
              /dev/ttyAMA0,
              921600n81,local

connection: &con01
    accepter: tcp,6001
    enable: on
    connector: serialdev,
              /dev/ttyAMA0,
              38400n81,local

connection: &con02
    accepter: tcp,6002
    enable: on
    connector: serialdev,
              /dev/ttyAMA0,
              115200n81,local

so that I have the serial output in different speeds on ports 6000ff., made sure that no firewall is blocking, stopped gspd etc., did my sudo systemctl start ser2net, and then simply chose tcp://my.ip.adress:6000 (or whichever port serves the hat’s baud rate) in 2nd most recent u-center (the brand new one appears to not like IP connections (yet?).

Speed is chosen correctly on your setup?

Best regards,
Michael

P.S.: I’m using a u-blox ZED-F9P hat on my Raspberry PI4 with Raspbian/Debian.