gpsd-users

gpsd tcp feed option resilience

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: gpsd tcp feed option resilience
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:47:46 +0100

Hi

We've just started using the DEVICE tcp:// feed option, however it doesn't seem all that reliable.

If I stop the feed then gpsd seems to drop the device from it's list.

I think it would be better if this option could be made more resilient and reliable possibly with reconnect attempts if that's necessary to reestablish the connection.

Reason we need this is that our clients have their own GPS equipment and don't want additional GPS antenna with associated cabling, thus taking and NMEA gps feed seemed an ideal solution, however it needs to be reliable.

Is this a possibility?

Cheers

Nick