gpsd-users

✘3.23 is near. Systemd files not removed by scons udev-uninstall.

From: Charles Curley
Subject: ✘3.23 is near. Systemd files not removed by scons udev-uninstall.
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 11:49:53 -0600

I compiled and installed using "scons && scons check && scons
udev-install", as appropriate for Debian 11 (Bullseye). I then
uninstalled using "scons udev-uninstall". This removed all files except:

File /lib/systemd/system/gpsdctl@.service exists.
File /lib/systemd/system/gpsd.service exists.
File /lib/systemd/system/gpsd.socket exists.
Directory /usr/local/share/gpsd exists.

I also didn't see any evidence that the uninstall did a "systemctl
daemon-reload" to remove the gpsd configuration from systemd.

This is probably harmless because the most likely reason one would be
doing things this way on a systemd system is testing or development,
and the files would be over-written on the next installation.

It also did nothing about user customizations in /etc/systemd/system.
That is probably reasonable. During testing or development one would
likely want to preserve customizations.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com