gpsd-users

Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connect

From: Aranza Shaccid Leon
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connection issues
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 19:20:03 -0700

Hello and good evening!

Thank you for taking the time to read my email.

May I ask if I used the command gpscsv -n 50 --cvt-isotime epx, epy,epv,eph,sep -c SKY -f nSat, uSat > gps.txt  would this print out latitude, longitude, altHAE, time, xdop, ydop,vdop,tdop,hdop,gdop,pdop, nSat, uSat, epx, epy,epv,eph, and sep? Essentially almost all the data possible from cgps and gpsmon? I've been searching for git repository, but I'm not sure if this link is the correct location to obtain gpscsv    Files · master · gpsd / gpsd · GitLab ?

I would be using the command git clone (the url/link of the webpage) ?

Also while I understand your dislike of systemd, may I ask if there is any way to connect through Mavlink to a GPS port? I've been researching what the connection port could be for the GPS from the flight controller and found that the mavlink protocol just allows the flight controller to pass all the telemetry data, including GPS data into some mavros programs that drone has. For this reason, I've been investigating what these ports are on the NuttX shell that Mavlink has and found that it has ttyACM0 (the USB port of the flight controller) and that the port for the GPS is ttyS3. I'm however not working on this NuttX shell for gpsd so I wished to ask if there is anyway to connect the NuttX with my Putty SSH shell?
  Or if in your prior experience, there should be a path in /dev that connects these two?

Sincerely,
Leon

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 11:08 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo Aranza!

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 00:43:18 -0700
Aranza Shaccid Leon <leon18@pnw.edu> wrote:

> May I ask, how would I obtain/download gpscsv? I was attempting the
> commands for gpscsv earlier to check if I had it, but I don't.

gpscsv was added in gpsd 3.22, released 2021-01-08

So get gpsd 3.22, or use the git repository.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the PNW environment. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.