gpsd-users

?POLL; responses having wrong ss and used field data

From: Niladri Sekhar Roy
Subject: ?POLL; responses having wrong ss and used field data
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:01:31 +0530

Hi,

I am using "gpsd: 3.20 (revision 3.20)"

When I am using <?WATCH={"enable":true}> and <?POLL;> to fetch data from daemon I can see all the "ss" and "used" field values of satellite objects are 0 and false. In cgps utility, I can see non-zero SNR value and true as the used-field value.

When I am using <?WATCH={"enable":true,"json":true}> and fetching data from daemon I can see all the "ss" and "used" field values are consistent with the values showing in cgps utility.

I want to read the GPS information on demand that's why I want to use the <?POLL;> mechanism. Is there any known issue with that?

Thanks,
Niladri Sekhar Roy