gpsd-users

Re: Multiple TPV lines per sec?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Multiple TPV lines per sec?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 10:59:26 -0700

Yo Tor!

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 12:35:55 +0200
Tor Rune Skoglund <trs@fourc.eu> wrote:

> By using your hint about raw output we think we figured out what is
> happening.

Sounds right.  The sort of thing one does not expect, but makes sense,
sort of, when you see it.

> I am not sure if this is a bug, a feature, or "just the way things
> are", but at least we now believe we know the cause. :)

NMEA is silent on a lot of things, so receivers are free to be random
about things like sentence order, etc.

Depending on your receiver firmware, you may be able to assert some
control over it.  For example, on u-blox devices, changing from NMEA output
to UBX binary improves things a lot.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588