gpsd-users

Re: Question about PPS status

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Question about PPS status
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:04:47 -0700

Yo Aleena!

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:16:34 +0530
Aleena Jose K <aleenajose.k@vvdntech.in> wrote:

> I'm working on one application that needs to monitor/configure a PPS
> module in a GNSS receiver.

OK.

> I tried to dig in struct gps_data in gps.h for PPS status (like
> polarity, pulse duration, pulse delay) and Antenna status (connected
> or open circuit) parameters but couldn't find any.

Because they are not there.

If you run gpsd at a higher debug level, and look for the string
"PPS" you can see real time information about your PPS.  But after
debugging, no need to do that.

Antenna status is just a mess.  Way too many unknown and unknowable
configurations to make that work generically.

> Are those members available? Or how may I monitor PPS status?

According to the vendors, knowing that you have a 3D fix is sufficient to
know you have a good PPS.  That has been the common experience.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588