gpsd-users

Re: open SHM data only after cgps start

From: Hans Kurscheidt
Subject: Re: open SHM data only after cgps start
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 21:43:41 +0100

Hi All,

just to finalize the issue from my perspective:

I located the problem in my HW. It was a ublox 6 which was apparently misconfigured by gpsd 3.22 (too old?). After a factory reset, I was able to see all NMEA messages via cat /dev/ttyACM0. After gpsd had taken the device, the output was scrambled. After a new factory reset, OK again. I then used the "-p" switch (passive) and the problem was gone. There was NO ISSUE w/ systemd, "-n", SHM or ...

Running w/ "-p" did it, no "-n" and SHM fully OK as well as reading via socket, started via systemd or cmd-level.

I meanwhile got an ublox 8, which runs in all configs Socket, SHM, systemd service w/ or w/out "-n" or "-p".

I'm finally just running it "plain vanilla" (w/out any switch) via systemd, using SHM in my App.

Thanks for your help

hk