gpsd-users

Re: open SHM data only after cgps start

From: David Taylor
Subject: Re: open SHM data only after cgps start
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 11:10:38 +0000

On 05/02/2021 09:55, Hans Kurscheidt wrote:
Thanks David,

YES, got it to work. Had to create all these systemd stuff, put it in
the right directories and cp the gpsd exec from /usr/local/sbin to
/usr/sbin.

Unfortunately, I now running into another prob.

I recompiled my source w/ what I believe is the new gps.h file Version
10.1 and I'm getting now compilation errors due to a changed read_gps()
function, which requires more arguments as in 3.16

Where can I find uptodate documentation of how to interface gpsd from a
cpp program?

RGDS

hk

Hans,

I haven't checked the gps.h header number.

I had similar interface problems as the gpsd versions kept changing, and all I can offer is my program which was adapted for up to gpsd 22.

  https://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/monitoring.html#gps

Perhaps that helps?

Cheers,
David