gpsd-users

Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 10:37:33 -0800

Yo David!

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 08:19:52 +0000
David Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree with your implication that using the protocol on the
> command-line and showing it explicitly would make things clearer, and
> I'll try to do that in future.

Sorry, lost me.  I try to never just imply anything.  What exactly
did you think was not explicit?

> There's a good write-up on and diagram about saving u-blox
> configurations in section 3.1, Configuration Concept here:
>
> https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/products/documents/u-blox8-M8_ReceiverDescrProtSpec_%28UBX-13003221%29.pdf

Yes, I used that to update my examples:

https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_saving_u_blox_configuration

The problem is that is just for the 8.  Every u-blox model is deifferent,
and how ubxtool handles it is also unique.

I am adding more to that example today.

> The particular module has two battery backups, one for the RTC and  a
> second for the GPS.

I thought you werre using Uputronics HAT?  It has no batteries.  It
has SUper Caps.

>    ubxtool -p SAVE -P 18.00
>
> works across both a warm and a power-down reboot.  Here's its URL:

You will notice that in my document at the URL above.

Is there anything in my document that you would add or change?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588