gpsd-users

Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Enabling GALILEO after gpsd has automatically started
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:29:36 -0800

Yo Florian!

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 15:58:08 +0100
Florian Kiera <florian.kiera@logicway.de> wrote:

> ubxtool -p RESET -P XX resets the settings to the default settings of
> the firmware or what exactly do you mean? Once you have enabled
> Galileo for a single time it should remain using Galileo until you
> disable it (-d GALILEO) or reset it (-p RESET).

Assuming nothing else toiches it.  Big assumption.

> If you simply ran
> ubxtool -p RESET -P 18.00
> ubxtool -e GALILEO -P 18.00
> and it still didn't saved the enable of Galileo after a reboot,

u-blox only saves things when your tell it to.  And only if it can.

I guess I need to write a howto on u-blox saving.  The topic is
quite complex.

> you
> could add an udev rule that runs the "ubxtool -e GALILEO -P 18.00"
> automatically.

udev is for hotplug.  Run it before gpsd starts, or add a device hook
for gpsd to use.

> An output of "ubxtool -p STATUS -P 18.00" or "ubxtool -p CONFIG -P
> 18.00" could help too. I am not certain which does give out the
> available (enabled) satellites information but you should be able to
> tell once you tested it.

Documented here:

    https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_constellations

RGDS