gpsd-users

ublox note

From: Charles Curley
Subject: ublox note
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 19:11:49 -0700

I am testing debian Bullseye, which means gpsd 3.22-1. I hit a problem
with my ublox receiver I have not seen before.

driver u-blox: subtype (if any) SW ROM CORE 3.01 (107888),HW
00080000FWVER=SPG 3.01,PROTVER=18.00,GPS;GLO;GAL;BDS,SBAS;IMES;QZSS

The new problem is that the device may come up shipping NMEA, and
probably broken NMEA. The solution is to tell it to use the binary
protocol:

# ubxtool -e BINARY

# ubxtool -d NMEA

ubxtool is a nice tool, thank you.

As for the "probably broken NMEA", status always is "STATUS_NO_FIX", or
0, even when other indicators show I should have a fix, like mode set
to "MODE_3D".

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com