gpsd-users

Re: gpsd ignores Galileo satellites

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd ignores Galileo satellites
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 09:02:52 -0800

Yo Filip!

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 16:51:53 +0100
Filip Jan Kubicz <filip.kubicz@tier.app> wrote:

> >> Thank you for checking. Let's stick to the first log I have sent
> >> (and ignore the ones with "ANR01A02SV03" in the filename - they're
> >> not correct).
> >
> > Too late, already in git head.  What is incorrect?  Beyond that
> > they are all incorrect?
>
> The firmware "ANR01A02SV03" is some debug firmware and it gives output
> incompatible with the documentation. Output gathered from the factory
> firmware is compatible with the doc.

Quectel sent me doc that details that output.  Their upcoming products,
like the LC26D, will use $PGLOR, so good for gpsd to get a head start on
that.

> > Satellite IDs must be from 1 to 99.  What does 103 mean???  Broken.
>
> Yes, looks like the Quectel format is not compatible with NMEA0183
> despite the claims.

They told me that doc they have not written yet will explain the
differences.  I wonder how long that will take?

> I'm waiting for more documentation from the vendor. If this makes
> sense, I could add the support for this data format to gpsd parser.

I already made a 2nd step at adding $PGLOR to gpsd.

If you have another Galileo receiver from a different vendor then maybe
you can figure out their satelltie number mapping.  Or go to
galmon.eu for real time Galielo skyview info.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588