gpsd-users

RE: GPSD Not Using /dev/pps0 But ppstest Shows /dev/pps0 is OK

From: Joshua Quesenberry
Subject: RE: GPSD Not Using /dev/pps0 But ppstest Shows /dev/pps0 is OK
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 13:05:42 -0500

Thanks that helps! A few more questions.

Is the fix time modified at all when PPS present? Or does it remain what was
in the NMEA string?

Would (pps.clock + (gps fix time - pps.real) be an appropriate calculation
to relate the current GPS data to the actual system time at the point the
GPS sent out the NMEA string?

At this point toff.clock seems to always equal pps.clock, does that imply
there's minimal delay from the time the GPS sends the data till the time
GPSd processes it?