gpsd-users

Re: Overlong RTCM3 packets from EUREF-IP

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Overlong RTCM3 packets from EUREF-IP
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 10:25:07 -0400

Marek Szuba <scriptkiddie@wp.pl> writes:

> On 2020-09-29 15:52, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>>> Indeed, replacing 512 with 2048 in the source code seems to make
>>> gpsd-3.21 handle EUREF RTCM data just fine.
>>
>> By 'handle', do you mean
>>
>>    gpsd 3.21 with that change connects to the EUREF caster at some RTCM3
>>    mountpoint
>>
>>    gpsd sends the RTCM3 to some receiver (F9P?)
>>
>>    the receiver is then able to do RTK successfully
>
> I think so. That's what gpsd does with this sort of data, right? Simply
> forwards it to capable receivers.

Yes, but I can't see the output from your receiver from here, and was
asking if in your opinion it is computing an RTK solution in this mode.

That's different from gpsd tries to get RTCM3, doesn't really do it
right, and the receiver computes an autonomous solution and you think it
is working but you are incorrect.