gpsd-users

Re: gpsd + chrony + pps

From: Stéphane Péneau
Subject: Re: gpsd + chrony + pps
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 21:50:40 +0200

Le 18/06/2020 à 21:24, Gary E. Miller a écrit :
For the socket method, i can't use chrony.tty***.sock it doesn't work
Not expected.  What is the failure mechanism?
Chrony doesn't receive any signal from the PPS socket (unreachable). I don't have the real value available right now, but I can recreate a setup in a few days if needed.

So my question is :
Is there a misunderstanding on my side, or is there a mistake in the
documentation?
I'm sure there are other possibilites.  What exactly do you think is
not as you expect?

The gpsd documentation says :

"To get chronyd to connect to gpsd using the more precise socket method add this to your chrony.conf file (replacing ttyXX with your device name)."

So, my device name was...hmmm my gnss receiver is available on ttyACM0, so let's put "chrony.ttyACM0.sock" inside chrony.conf.

But "chrony.ttyACM0.sock" seems wrong.

As Perhaps this would be clearer :

"To get chronyd to connect to gpsd using the more precise socket method add this to your chrony.conf file (replacing ttyXX with your PPS device name ; if your pps is /dev/pps0, replace ttyXX with pps0)

Stéphane