gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: Bryan Christianson
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 23:09:20 +1200

> On 26/05/2020, at 10:17 PM, David J Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Bryan.  Looks like that isn't the problem:
>
> pi@raspi-3:~ $ dpkg -l | grep gps
> rc  gpsd                           3.20-8~bpo10+1                      armhf
> Global Positioning System - daemon
> ii  libgps-dev                     3.20-8~bpo10+1                      armhf
> Global Positioning System - development files
> ii  libgps26:armhf                 3.20-8~bpo10+1                      armhf
> Global Positioning System - library
> ii  python3-gps                    3.20-8~bpo10+1                      armhf
> Global Positioning System - Python 3 libraries

I think they are the problem - I'm pretty sure they are not the executables you
built but are the ones installed when you attempted to use a backported version
of gps-3.20.

I generally use the 'aptitude' command for installing/purging software because
it understands dependencies.

maybe you could try:
apt-get install aptitude
aptitude purge gpsd libgps-dev libgps26:armhf

Bryan Christianson
address@hidden