gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 11:32:33 -0600

On Mon, 25 May 2020 16:33:31 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> However, although the program compiles and runs on a Raspberry Pi 4B,
> on the Raspberry Pi 1B it just says "Illegal instruction".  We still
> don't know /why/ there was problem with 3.20 from the backports not
> working,

Warning: I have no experience with Raspberry Pi or ARM processors! This
is strictly a stab in the dark based on experience with other hardware.

I wonder if trying to use backports isn't part of your problem. Or
maybe you are pulling from the wrong backports, or some such. Check
your sources.list. Or try compiling from git head.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/