gpsd-users

Re: Segfault after upgrade.

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: Segfault after upgrade.
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 06:29:31 +0100

Yo David!

On Sat, 23 May 2020 19:16:17 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

So is APT-GET is allowing me to install a 64-bit binary on a 32-bit
system? All the RPi Raspbian current code is 32-bit, though, I
understood.

I have no idea.  I don't use apt.

Is there a simple way of checking where a binary is 32- or 64-bit?  I
can do that on Windows but not (yet) on Linux.

~ # which gpsd
/usr/local/sbin/gpsd

~ # file `which gpsd`
/usr/local/sbin/gpsd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

RGDS
GARY

Thanks, Paul and Gary. I checked and the gpsd is indeed a 32-bit program. My new commands for the day learnt!

So why does 3.20 run on a Raspberry Pi 4B and not a 1B? Has it been tested on a 1B?

I ask these questions because many users will not attempt github and just expect things to work. The want to run program and not develop or debug them. They use apt or apt-get to install software, not compile it.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden