gpsd-users

Re: ✘Video chat?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘Video chat?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:39:55 -0700

Yo Greg!

On Mon, 11 May 2020 19:34:21 -0400
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Would anyone be interested in my hosting a 15 min video presentation
> > followed by short Q&A?  If so, what topic?
>
> I don't have much to say, but I would be interested in someone
> describing PPP processing and their experiences.  I would also like to
> hear about doing double-differenced carrier phase solutions for static
> positioning using rtklib.

I could only talk about PPP as it applies to gpsrinex going to NRCan.

I don't use rtklib as so much of it is winblows only.

> video is conceptually ok, and given this is a Free Software project, I
> am assuming you mean a Free Software compatible conferencing tool,
> which I think means Jitsi Meet or something matrixy.  There is also
> nextcloud talk but I think it's matrix (which is fine; just not a
> third thing). If there is something I'm missing I'd like to hear
> about it.

I agree, jitsi is the main FOSS choice.

I only use Zoom when forced to, and then from a throwaway account.  I
was appalled they bought Keybase.  The thought of them holding my private
keys for me in China terrifies me.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588