gpsd-users

Re: U-Blox F9P RTK

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: U-Blox F9P RTK
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 11:39:51 -0700

Yo address@hidden!

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 13:10:31 -0400
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I have done further testing of GPSD and the F9P on the RaspberryPi
[...]
> The GPS started to  report that it had RTK Quality

How long have I been asking you to check your receiver config?  And
still nothing sent to this list.  At least some progress.

> It appears that when GPSD starts and goes through it's initialization
> process, which includes several queries to the F9P, the
> CFG-UART1INPROT-RTCM3X   register is getting set to 0 (zero), which
> turns off RTK.

I already pointed you to driver_ubx.c, ubx_cfg_prt(), where gpsd sents
stuff up.

Did you look at those?

> I'm guessing that GPSD is somehow, directly or some of the queries,

Don't guess.  Look at the code.

> I tried the -b command for GPSD.

I've been thinking of splitting the "-b" into two options.  One
for no data sent to the receiver (bluetooth mode), and one for just
no reconfig sent to the device.

> So for now, in order to get the F9P into the mode where it can report
> RTK quality , I will run the ubxtool -z CFG-UART1INPROT-RTCM3X,1
> localhost:2947:/dev/ttyAMA0, after starting GPSD.

A start.  I continue to suspect you have other config that needs setting
as well.  Still waiting your config dump.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588