gpsd-users

RE: ubxtool

From: rhowitt
Subject: RE: ubxtool
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 05:48:13 -0400

Behalf Of Gary E. Miller
>>Sent: Friday, April 3, 2020 12:35 AM
>>To: 'gpsd users' <address@hidden>
>>Subject: Re: ubxtool

>>> I have been able to hook this same F9P up to a Windows system and use
>>> RTKlib's str2str utility with the same NTRIP caster and have gotten an
>>> RTK fix.

>>How do you know?

The F9P has an RTK status output pin.  The documentation,
https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/ZED-F9P_DataSheet_%28UBX-17051259
%29.pdf  , says that when the F9P is receiving RTCM the pin blinks and when
it has an RTK fix, the pin is 0, otherwise the pin is 1.

The development board has an LED attached to this pin.  When RTKlib's strsrv
runs and starts to receive RTCM3 packets, the LED starts to Blink, and then
after a short time the LED turns on solid.

To date, GPSD has never been able to cause this light to blink.

Regards,
Rick Howitt