gpsd-users

Re: Can't get time

From: Tom Isaacson
Subject: Re: Can't get time
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 09:12:00 +1300

> Why a 6?  results will be not so good.

Because that's what is on the board.

> If it is not configured, why do you expect it to be working?

I don't. My question is about why gpsd-api isn't showing time, you asked about our version of NTPSec.

> What do you think that proves?  Looks normal to me.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. This is my first time using gpsd, I'm asking people who have more experience.

> You do NOT want to specify the serial port AND -F

Okay, why? I thought -F specified the control socket location, I didn't realise it would clash with the serial port.

Thanks.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 9:05 AM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Tom!

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 09:00:35 +1300
Tom Isaacson <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is a custom build so we only have gpsd and gpsd-api.

At least it is 3.20.1~dev

> The source
> is a u-blox Neo-6M right now but we need it to work with other
> (similar) sources in the future.

Why a 6?  results will be not so good.

> We've got ntpd from Busybox but
> that's not configured to pick this up yet.

If it is not configured, why do you expect it to be working?

> The debug I captured is:

What do you think that proves?  Looks normal to me.

> # gpsd -nNr -D4 /dev/ttyS3 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock

Yuo do NOT want to specify the serial port AND -F

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Tom Isaacson