gpsd-users

Re: Gpsd information showing as nan in application

From: raaj lokanathan
Subject: Re: Gpsd information showing as nan in application
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:37:31 +0800

Just curious, why the gpsd is not handling the NAN values itself?

Which means each time I develop a application I have to check for the NAN is it?

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 1:38 AM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo raaj!

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:24:50 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just would like to know the NAN is it something expected from gpsd?

Yes.  Very intentional.

> Why is it getting NAN values?

NAN is the simplest way to mark a floating point value as invalid.  It
save having to create a valid flag for each and every floating point
value.

Read up on IEEE 754.

RGDS
GARY