gpsd-users

Re: ✘ NEO-M9N

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘ NEO-M9N
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 20:15:56 -0500

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> Two pretty pictures.  See attached.
>
> barem9n.png is 86k samples from a u-blox NEO-M9N
>
> rtcm3m9n.png is 86k samples from a u-blox NEO-M9N, with RTCM3 from
> a base about a mile away.
>
> The NEO-M9N is a new u-blox L1 only part, with GPS, GLONASS, GALIELO and
> BDS decoders.  Bare kits for around $60.
>
> Notice the CEP(50) improves from 1.112 meters to 1.128 meters with
> rtcm3.  Not a huge win.  Not gonna keep your car in the lane.

Thanks for posting this interesting data.

You say rtcm3, and I'm guessing that means the carrier phase
differential information.  I am assuming the M9N has RTK builtin, like
the F9P.  Did you tell the M9N to do RTK, or does it just do that by
itself, or ?

I wonder what happesn with rtcm2.  I'm not 100% sure, but my impression
is that rtcm2 streams have pseudorange corrections for regular
differential and rtcm3 have carrier phase information for RTK.