gpsd-users

Re: Is version 2.96 available to build from source?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Is version 2.96 available to build from source?
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 09:44:27 -0500

I sent you the tarball, that I had saved.  I don't know why it isn't on
Savannah.   There is a tag in the git repo, so you should be able to get
it from there.

As for your problems, basically people here are not interested in
dealing with really old versions.  There has been some recent discussion
about cross building.  But gcc 3.3.4 is also pretty ancient.  Still,
gpsd aims to work in a C99 environment.

As for your errors, it looks like only one is actually an error.  Read
the automake documentation and see an option that is like --foreign,
which tells it not to insist on GNU coding standards.

The rest appears to be valid complaints that GNU make extensions in use,
but that should work ok with GNU make.