gpsd-users

Re: Gpsd error codes

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: Gpsd error codes
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 09:44:42 -0700

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 16:26:13 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am just curious, are there any error codes for Gpsd? What happens
> when the Gpsd not able to get the coordinates? Will it retry or
> report some kind of error codes?

If you mean error codes at exit, no. GPSD is a daemon, so exit codes
indicating fix or no fix would be meaningless.

If you mean in the data GPSD sends to its clients, yes. In the struct
gpsdata ("struct gps_data_t gpsdata;"), there are several flags you
need to look at to determine the state: Do you have a GPS receiver
present? Does it have a fix, and if so of what quality? See gps.h for
the gory details.

GPSD won't retry. It will sit there waiting from input from the GPS
receiver, if any. Watch the appropriate flags as needed. It is up to
the client program to take appropriate actions.

There's lots of documentation on the web site.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/