gpsd-users

Re: SOS

From: David J Taylor
Subject: Re: SOS
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 14:11:41 -0000

Hi,

My name is Logan. I am new here— at everything. I have no prior coding experience, I have just recently received my Raspberry Pi 4.

I’m having trouble setting up my Adafruit Ultimate GPS with gpsd. I’ve tried so many things I’ve lost track. I’m unsure of what data to provide or even how to express the situation. Is there anyone who could point me to something/someone that can help me identify where the issue is occurring? I have looked through the troubleshooting page on the gpsd website, but I haven’t had much luck.

You are my last hope.

Logan,

You may find my page helpful:

 https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

although a number of things have changed in the Linux OS and getting some things to start may require the notes towards the end of that page. Most important is likely to be disabling the serial console from using the serial I/O lines, and stopping the Bluetooth from using those lines too.

Some things are a right pain!

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu