gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to acc

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD on Debian 10 (buster): allowing other hosts to access gpsd
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 13:35:59 -0700

Yo Bernd!

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 22:06:19 +0200
Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9/27/19 11:52 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > Could someone please document this?  The topic comes up every month
> > or so...
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.socket.html
>
> nothing as well documented as systemd.

Oh, that is funny!

> scroll down to the bottom for links to the blog posts which explain
> things in even more detail.
>

> >> If you want to pass different options to gpsd, do the same for
> >> gpsd.service.
>
> 1. systemctl edit gpsd.service (that creates a new file for you where
> you can override/add things)
> 2. systemctl daemon-reload
>
> Details:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemctl.html

Not useful to the casual gpsd user.  gpsd users have been loud
and clear that we need a detailed gpsd/systemd specific HOWTO.

I'd be happy to put such a thing in the gpsd package.  Given my
personal disdane for systemd(ingaling) I'll not to create it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588