gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Where is my RTK fix?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Where is my RTK fix?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:50:21 -0700

Yo pisymbol!

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:00:25 -0400
"pisymbol ." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have a Trimble unit (again) and now using gpsd's API effectively.
> This unit has RTK capability using Trimble's ground stations.
>
> I noticed that when the unit has RTK fix as indicated by the solid
> orange lights on the unit, the 'status' field in the TPV dict
> disappears. Yet when I don't have RTK fix the status field is set to
> 2. In all cases mode is set to 3.
>
> Seems like a bug. Shouldn't I see status = 3 (STATUS_RTK_FIX)?

Uh, no.  Field 6, status = 3 is a normal fix.

Status needs to be a 4 or 5 to show you have RTK.

NMEA0183 says:

1) GPS Quality Indicator:
    0 = Fix not available or invalid
    1 = GPS SPS Mode, fix valid
    2 = Differential GPS, SPS Mode, fix valid
    3 = GPS PPS Mode, fix valid
    4 = Real Time Kinematic.  System used in RTK mode with fixed integers
    5 = Float RTK. Satellite system used in RTK mode, floating integers
    6 = Estimated (dead reckoning) Mode
    7 = Manual Input Mode
    8 = Simulator Mode

RGDS