gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] NMEA for a straight lines, constant speed

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] NMEA for a straight lines, constant speed
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 16:11:30 -0700

Yo Lisandro!

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 19:46:56 -0300
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yo! As the subject says I need to generate an NMEA file for a constant
> speed, straight line movement to feed gpsfake in order to test some
> algorithms I'm using.

Interesting idea.

> I've tried https://nmeagen.org/ but the final result is "shaky". Can
> you suggest any other generator?

Not me.

> My B plan is to use libgeographic to generate latitude/longitude
> accordingly and bypass gpsd, but I would really prefer not.

There is psuedonmea.c in gpsd.  You could fill in gps_data_t and let
psuedonmea.c do the conversion.

Depending on how fancy you want the NMEA to look you could code a
python program to do that quickly.

If you do that, send gpsd a copy for our contrib/ directory.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588