gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] GPSD - How to create a virtual GPS Source with lat/lon as i

From: Hammenecker, Jules
Subject: [gpsd-users] GPSD - How to create a virtual GPS Source with lat/lon as input
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 11:07:46 +0000

 have a system that uses gpsd as a source for positioning. I need to integrate it with another system that gives me latitude, longitude & time.

I was able to generate NMEA sentences using nmealib:

address@hidden :~/Desktop/nmealib$ build/samples_generate

$GPGGA,154400.00,5000.0000,N,3600.0000,E,3,01,0.0,10.9,M,0.0,M,0.0,0000*7d

$GPGSA,A,3,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,0.0,0.0,0.0*32

$GPGSV,1,1,01,00,00,000,00,00,00,000,00,00,00,000,00,00,00,000,00*78

My goal was then to pipe this to gpsd.

Option 1: with a FIFO file: mkfifo /tmp/mkfifo
gpsd /tmp/mkfifo
./samples_generate > /tmp/mkfifo

Option 2: with a TCP socket:

gpsd tcp://localhost:8888

/samples_generate | nc -p 8888

On both situation, gpsd gave an error.

In essence, I would like to have similar functionality to gpsfake, but without using a logfile, instead using the stdout from my script.

Do you have any idea on how to realise this setup?

Jules Hammenecker | Development Engineer

Greenfish S.A./N.V.
External service provider at Siemens Mobility S.A./N.V.
Mobility Management | Intelligent Traffic Systems | RC-BE MO MM ITS
Guido Gezellestraat 123, 1654 Beersel, Belgium
mailto:address@hidden
www.siemens.be

siemens
This e-mail and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted with it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original as well as any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.