gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X LVC and upcoming week rollover

From: Rich Wales
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X LVC and upcoming week rollover
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:54:11 -0800

Keep an eye on e-bay and you'll see good deals come and go.

How would you compare the Ublox 8xxx with the Auriga RS232?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Genuine-AURIGA-RS232-DB9-9-Pin-GPS-Antenna/192797079975

I have been fortunate, I suppose, in that my Garmin 18x has worked fine indoors.  I routinely get a fix from between 7 and 9 satellites with the puck sitting on an inside window sill, next to a window.  The unit is located on the upper floor of a wooden building, which undoubtedly helps.
--
Rich Wales
address@hidden