gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 14:12:01 -0600

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 12:11:59 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > And permissions for the directory were odd:
> >
> > address@hidden:~$ ll -d /usr/local/bin
> > drwxrwxr-x 2 root 500 4096 Oct  4 14:43 /usr/local/bin/
> > address@hidden:~$
>
> That is odd.  But maybe intentional so group 'user; can install there.

Nope, users is gid 100.

> On Gentoo:
>
> $ ls -ld /usr/local/bin
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct  4 13:10 /usr/local/bin

I checked three other machines all with the same version of debian and
up to the minute with patches. They all show:

address@hidden:~$ ll -d /usr/local/bin/
drwxrwsr-x 2 root staff 4096 Feb 13  2018 /usr/local/bin//
address@hidden:~$

where groups staff is gid 50. hawk has several files and directories
assigned to gid 500. But the others have none. So I conclude that
something farkled hawk. But that *shouldn't* affect gpsd.

I'll pursue this problem off this list.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but