gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] json.c:556:6: warning: empty declaration

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] json.c:556:6: warning: empty declaration
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 15:16:34 -0600

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 13:49:59 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > They are warning and not fatal. Still....
>
> We know old gcc puts up those messages.  New gcc is happy.
>
> We looked for ways to tell all version of gcc, and other cc, that we
> have intentional FALLTHOUGH, but failed.  We settled on the way that
> works for new gcc.
>
> Suggestions welcome, but be warned, the problem is non-trivial.

I do have an old version of gcc. Such is life in Debian Stable.

gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 6.3.0 20170516

There are no newer versions in the stretch repos. Testing and
unstable are up to 8.x. Since it is a non-fatal known issue, my
inclination is to live with it.

Thanks for the quick response.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but