gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] State of Glonass in GPSD

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] State of Glonass in GPSD
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:23:19 -0700

Yo John!

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 22:11:19 +0000
John Klug <address@hidden> wrote:

> What is the state of Glonass in GPSD?

Works fine.  Except you're better turning off GLONASS.

> By default our U-Blox 8 puts out both Glonass and GPS NMEA strings.

Yeah, but you should convert to u-blox binary.

> gpsmon says gpsd is in ublox mode.

Because gpsmon probably changed your mode.

> To what extent does gpspipe or gpsmon support Glonass?

Same as all else.

> It looks like with gpspipe -pw I am seeing satellite output like this:
>
> {"PRN":133,"el":27,"az":226,"ss":33,"used":false},{"PRN":138,"el":36,"az":200,"ss":38,"used":true}]}

Looks right.

> I don't ever see satellites 64-96.

Probably because you are not using a GLONASS capable antenna.  Works for me,
with the right antenna.

> We are trying out GPSD 3.17

Should be OK, git head has many improvements.

> I can only find Glonass mentions in the introduction and on the JSON
> page.

Because GLONASS is nothing special.

RGDS
GARY