gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Status of my patches.

From: Sven Geggus
Subject: [gpsd-users] Status of my patches.
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:01:00 +0200

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask what happend to the patches I posted in mid August.

Any chance to get them upstream?

First patch (ais-type6.diff) is clearly a bugfix. I was even able to provide
this ais-nmea-type6-fid55.txt file containing at least one type of the three
message types I fixed the json output for in the patch.

So it would be nice to have this in the next gpsd release.

My second patch (ais-scaled-accuracy.diff) is of the nice to have type:

AIS accuracy is usually better than the provided 4 decimal places, thus
as I already wrote, I think having %.6f would be better than %.4f.

This said I do not care about this one that much because I can work
around this problem in my client using unscaled mode and calculate the
corresponding floating point numbers myself.

Regards

Sven

P.S.: I attached the two patches again.

--
"If you don't make lower-resolution mapping data publicly
available, there will be people with their cars and GPS